Carbon Based Nanotechnologies (CARTECH)
- A customized plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition (PECVD) is capable of growing CNTs both with plasma or thermally grown. This system is able to provide staffs and students with the edge of producing micro‑meters to milli‑meter long CNT.
- Multiple CVD systems in order to grow mainly 2D materials such as Graphene, MoS2 and BN.
- A customized high power impulse magneton sputtering (HIPIMS) (up to 100 A pulse) is used to growth new type of BN.
- Electro‑plating wet bench to plate Au material is able to provide a fast and cost saving way of depositing several-mm-thick Au onto patterned substrate.
- A Y-bend filtered cathodic vacuum arc (FCVA) has been setup for assisting the development of catalyst used for CNT growth.
- A micro-Raman has been set up for measuring parameters of CNTs, Graphene and other 2D materials (MoS2, WSe,...) such as diameter, chirality, defects, doping, strain, etc.
- Licenses for EM simulations (Ansoft HFSS) : used for modeling and design of RF carbon based components.
Nanowire Based Nanotechnologies (NWTECH)
- Top-down nanowire fabrication and device processing are based in the Nanyang Nano-Fabrication Centre (N2FC), a state-of-the-art nano-fabrication facility comprising of two cleanrooms : CR1 (class 100, 673 m2) dedicated to CMOS work, and CR2 (class 10/100, 693 m2) dedicated to non-CMOS work. 2 ebeam lithography systems and 3 optical lithography systems are available for the nanofabrication tasks.
- Bottom-up growth of III-V semiconductor compounds rely on the metal-organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) laboratory located in the Photonics Lab I of EEE @ NTU.
- State of the art electronic and photonic characterization laboratories, including confocal microscopy, ultrafast spectroscopy, and high-frequency electrical measurements.
- A microphotoluminescence setup with time resolved emission and time-correlated single photon counting card features is available excitation laser pulses at 405, 532, and 640 nm. Beam spot sizes are 5 micrometer and the imaging parts contained CCD camera working from visible to near infrared.
Photonics Materials And Nanostructures (PMN)
- Fiber grating fabrication system.
- Nanofiber drawing platform (CO2 laser).
- Q-switched nanosecond Nd:YAG laser with OPO.
- Ultrasonic cleaner.
- Optical spectrum analyser FBG fabrication system (completely built).
- Optical dispersion measurement setup.
- Co-sputtering machine with multiple independent targets.
- Sol-gel facilities.
- Angle-scanning SPR setup allows wider range to be measured. The angular range of SPR setup is 30 to 80 degrees of angle. SPR setup based on differential phase measurement with fixed incident angle, 3 orders more sensitive than the angular measurement.